Meyer Lemon Cream Puffs
This impressive dessert comes together in a flash with the help of Belgian Mini Cream Puffs. Topped with a Meyer lemon whipped cream, freeze-dried strawberries and pistachios, these bite-sized treats will surely add some zest to your step.
(Makes 10 servings)
For the Crème Fraîche Whipped Cream
- ¾ cup cold heavy cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- ½ Meyer lemon, zested
For the Meyer Lemon Mini Cream Puffs
- 30 Delizza Belgian Mini Cream Puffs
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped (as garnish)
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries, crushed (as garnish)
- Meyer lemon zest, thinly sliced (as garnish)
In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form, about 1 minute.
Use a rubber spatula to fold in crème fraiche and Meyer lemon zest and transfer mixture to a piping bag.
Pipe about 1 tablespoon of whipped cream on top of each Delizza Belgian Min Cream Puff.
Top with pistachios, freeze-dried strawberries and a sliver of Meyer lemon zest.